Subscribe by June 30, 2014 to avoid disruption in service
National / International News
<> Department of Energy Releases Water-Energy Nexus Report - The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) released a new 238-page report that frames an integrated challenge and opportunity space around the water-energy nexus for DOE and its partners and lays the foundation for future efforts.
<> Sen. Murkowski Calls for Quick Floor Action on Committee Approved Keystone XL Bill - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, urged Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, R-Nev., to quickly bring to the floor legislation passed by the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee approving the Keystone XL pipeline project.
- Senate Panel's Keystone XL Measure about Politics and Bad Policy - The Senate Energy Committee today considered yet another political ploy by some in Congress to force construction of the controversial Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, which will worsen climate
- McConnell Comments on Keystone Political Show Vote - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell issued the following statement on the political show vote in the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee regarding the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Access the ENR Committee meeting considering the KXL approval bill
<> As EPA Opens the Official Comment Period, BPC Releases Dynamic, Interactive Map Including State Comments - June 19, 2014. The Bipartisan Policy Center's (BPC) Energy Project is pleased to announce an interactive map that tracks comments submitted on the EPA's Clean Power Plan and provides
<> 83 Reps Call For Coal Ash Regulations – In a letter to the EPA, "We write to respectfully urge the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to finalize strong federal standards for the safe disposal of coal ash under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) by the end of 2014."
<> OIG Report Generally Positive on NRC's FOIA Process But Suggests Some Improvements - Stephen Dingbaum Assistant Inspector General for Audits The Office of the Inspector General's most recent report. . .
<> DOE Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research - DOE Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research U.S. Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz today announced the awarding of $100 million for Energy Frontier Research Centers to accelerate the scientific breakthroughs needed to build the. . .
<> Murray Energy Sues EPA Over New Carbon Rule - Ohio-based Murray Energy, the nation's largest privately owned coal company has made good on its threat to sue over the EPA's proposed new carbon emission rule.
<> Speaker's Staff Claim Obama Has "Other Green Agenda" - The House Speaker's Communications Advisor claims the delay in approving the Keystone XL project is about raising campaign cash Democrats
<> U.S. Forest Service Seeks Public Comment on a Proposed Rule Addressing Ski Area Water Rights on Forest Service Lands - The U.S. Forest Service is seeking public comment on a proposal addressing water provided for ski areas on national forest lands through the permitting process. The proposal would help to ensure public
<> Fact Check: Two Former EPA Administrators Agree U.S. Action Alone Will Not Impact Global Climate Change – Sen. EPW GOP claims: "Currently, China is the world's largest greenhouse gas emitter and has no official plans to cap their greenhouse gas emissions."
<> China completes rollout of pilot carbon markets - China to decide on national carbon market, after completing regional pilots
- Carbon Briefing: What's going on with China's climate plans?
- China's Carbon Emission Trading: An Overview of Current Development
<> Legal Petition Calls for Return of Grizzly Bears to Vast Portions of American West - Center for Biological Diversity (press release)
<> Lawsuit Launched to Clean Up Lead Air Pollution Across United States - Three environmental groups filed a formal notice of intent to sue the Environmental Protection Agency today for failing to ensure that people across the country are protected from dangerous lead in the air.
Federal Register Highlights
The following is an alert of Environmental Federal Register announcements that may be of interest for: Thursday, June 19, 2014. (Click here to access today's complete Federal Register index with links to complete announcements).
1. Water - Final Rule. U.S. EPA. Analysis of Contaminants Under the Safe Drinking Water Act - Expedited Approval of Alternative Test Procedures for the Analysis of Contaminants Under the Safe Drinking Water Act; Analysis and Sampling Procedures PDF | Text |